Technology | 05-7-2023
- £57,000 per annum
We are working with a prestigious Life Sciences Institute based in the vibrant city of Cambridge, renowned for their groundbreaking research and contributions to the scientific community. Our institute is dedicated to advancing life sciences through cutting-edge technology, innovative research, and collaborative teamwork. We are currently seeking a skilled and passionate Software Developer to join our dynamic team.
As a Software Developer at our Life Sciences Institute, you will play a vital role in developing and maintaining software solutions that support our pioneering research initiatives. You will have the opportunity to work with a diverse and talented team of scientists, researchers, and developers, enabling you to contribute to ground breaking discoveries in the field of life sciences.
- Collaborate with researchers, scientists, and fellow developers to design, develop, and implement software solutions tailored to the specific needs of our research projects.
- Participate in all stages of the software development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, design, coding, testing, and documentation.
- Mentor and guide junior members of the development team, providing technical expertise and support to ensure their professional growth.
- Stay updated with the latest industry trends and emerging technologies, incorporating them into our development processes when appropriate.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless integration and deployment of software solutions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects and issues, ensuring the stability and reliability of our applications.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Experience working in the life sciences domain, or a related field is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and guide junior developers, fostering a collaborative and supportive team environment.
- Solid understanding of software development best practices, including version control, testing, and documentation.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyse complex requirements and implement effective solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively collaborate with multidisciplinary teams.
- Competitive salary up to £57,000, commensurate with experience.
- Generous benefits package, including healthcare, dental, and vision insurance.
- Pension scheme with company matching contributions.
- Flexible working hours and remote work options.
- Opportunities for professional development and continuous learning.
- Collaborative and inclusive work environment.
- State-of-the-art facilities and cutting-edge technology.
Follow us on LinkedIn for new job listings, industry insights and career advice.