Technology | 12-9-2023
Senior DevOps Engineer
We are working alongside an organisation that is on a journey of growth and transformation who have just started a search for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join the team. This person will need to have a passion for product delivery and cloud-native technologies. They are a forward-thinking company that values innovation and is committed to pushing the boundaries of what's possible in the industry.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be a pivotal member of the team, responsible for refining and optimising their software development lifecycle. Your primary focus will be on building and maintaining robust, automated CI/CD pipelines and ensuring the scalability and reliability of the cloud-native solutions.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to understand and refine product requirements.
- Design, implement, and enhance CI/CD pipelines to automate the building, testing, and deployment of software applications.
- Develop and maintain infrastructure as code (IaC) and configuration as code (CaC) solutions to support our cloud-native architecture.
- Implement best practices for code maintainability, testability, security, and observability.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose issues, identifying and addressing defects, performance bottlenecks, and technical debt.
- Participate in agile ceremonies and actively contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
- Serve as a mentor, sharing your expertise and helping team members gain cross-discipline knowledge.
In addition to your immediate responsibilities, you will play a crucial role in shaping the company's technological excellence. You will also contribute to our direction regarding DevSecOps and SRE practices, evaluating and adopting new technologies and best practices, and fostering knowledge sharing to break down silos within the organisation.
Required Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Proven expertise in building automated CI/CD pipelines for provisioning infrastructure and deploying services.
- Strong knowledge of managing scalability, capacity, security, high availability, recovery, and performance of platform services (e.g., Kubernetes, message queues, databases, API gateways, firewalls).
- Hands-on experience in operating and managing production systems, including change management.
- Proficiency in observability, monitoring, and ensuring system reliability.
- Excellent incident management and response skills, including incident detection, diagnosis, resolution, and post-mortem processes.
- Effective collaboration and communication skills to design and implement resilient and elastic systems.
- Comprehensive understanding of IaaS and PaaS offerings in public cloud environments.
- Proficiency in various technologies and tools such as AWS, Docker, Terraform, Ansible, GitHub Actions (or Gitlab CI), ELK stack for observability, and more.
Follow us on LinkedIn for new job listings, industry insights and career advice