Technology | 20-4-2021
Progress/OpenEdge App Support Specialist
- UK Based (remote options)
- £45,000 per annum
Our client are undergoing an exciting stage of growth and are looking to recruit an additional Progress/OpenEdge Application Support Specialist (can be remote based) to join their existing App Support team.
The role involves engaging with business users, project managers, business analysts, technical teams and testers to develop, support and maintain Open Edge Applications and services.
Role will require development and maintenance of several core Progress Systems, duties will include:
- Resolving and managing incidents and problems, working with other teams, ensuring that the correct solution is reached
- To maintain appropriate procedures for application monitoring, capacity planning and tuning
- To report as necessary on performance against agreed objectives, timescales or standards
- To create technical documentation for all systems
- Develop, test, deploy and document code changes in accordance with the Company Software Development Lifecycle
- To ensure coding meets company standards in terms of the accuracy, efficiency and robustness of the developed code.
Essential experience required:
- Proven track record of commercial experience in Progress (hopefully 11 4GL)
- Incident Management in a fast paced environment
- Technical and Test Documentation
- Working with a ITSM tool such as Service Now
- Solid proven Linux experience
- Good understanding of SDLC including Testing
- Experience of requirement gathering and modelling techniques
- ITIIL Foundation
- Open Edge Database Administration
- Advanced Excel and Marcos
- Work experience in MS BI tool (SSIS/SSRS/SSAS)
Follow us on LinkedIn for new job listings, industry insights and career advice.