Technology | 19-11-2021
- Central London office - 2 days per week
- £300 - £400 per day
Our client is one of the world’s largest research companies. With offices across the world, they bring together research, implementation, methodological, and subject-matter experts from around the world, combining thematic and technical experts globally with local knowledge to deliver top-quality research.
The IT Infrastructure Engineer role is part of a small UK based IT Operations & Infrastructure team providing support to the business throughout the UK and globally. Carrying out infrastructure support and maintenance, as well as project-based work.
As a member of the IT Operations & Infrastructure team, you will:
- Troubleshoot complex IT infrastructure issues, including LAN / WAN / Wi-Fi etc.
- Proactive administration, maintenance and management of server infrastructure, storage area networks, enterprise level backups, applications and databases
- Use, maintain and tune infrastructure / networking monitoring and alerting products
- Understand IT Service Management (policies, structured processes and supporting procedures and use tools such as Service Now.
- Liaise and work alongside 3rd-party suppliers, in particular Managed Hosting partners.
- Develop, maintain, and implement appropriate industry-standard best practices for Microsoft technologies such as IIS, SQL Server and Windows Server.
- Report, trend and analyse infrastructure load and system availability producing effective capacity planning to maximise uptimes and throughput
- Demonstrate ability to balance project and BAU workloads
- Follow IT support processes in line with ITIL best practices.
- Develop and maintain documentation in line with the company’s documentation templates.
Essential experience, skills, and knowledge:
Proven track record in a similar role supporting and maintaining a predominantly Wintel infrastructure with Microsoft, VMware and SQL certification being advantageous.
- Expert knowledge in Microsoft Windows Server technologies. MCSA / MCSE certification desirable.
- Advanced VMware knowledge
- Working knowledge of SQL administration, Microsoft SQL Certification an advantage.
- ITIL certification.
Office 365, Linux, Cloud services (Azure/AWS), Commvault
Should this position interest you, please apply.
Follow us on LinkedIn for new job listings, industry insights and career advice.