Payments | 11-11-2022
Principal, Payment and Innovation Payments
- London (2 days per week)
- £425 - £475 per day
My client are recruiting for a Principal, Payments and Innovation to work as a senior policy advisor on all issues relating to payments and regulatory engagement working in partnership with other colleagues in the Payments team.
This person will work with and support members of the Payments product stream in the business to identify and co-ordinate activity on key policy issues relevant to domestic payments, e.g. payments related developments in the Financial Services and Markets Bill, as well as domestic regulatory issues, e.g. wholesale cash policies, which a key touchpoint with regulators such as the PSR, FCA and HM Treasury.
This role will involve support to the UK Payments industry by developing policy responsive to customer needs and regulatory concerns. They will also provide policy and secretariat support to working groups and committees, ensuring they receive timely and quality inputs that informs their work and allows effective delivery against agreed work plans.
- Responsibility for preparing consultation responses, Committee and Board papers, and communicating with senior level representatives internally and externally.
- Developing high quality policy papers and briefings on payments and innovation policy and strategy issues.
- Support the formation of the Standards Engagement Forum with Pay.UK.
- Accurately recording views and actions from meetings, executing at pace.
- Support the maintenance of relationships with the companies members, stakeholders and other industry bodies.
- Project management, working with associate members, to deliver specific outputs.
- Representing the business at external events and meetings.
- Participating in webinars and other events for the business
- Previous policy experience is desirable, along with the ability to draft high quality reports and briefing documents.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the challenges faced by members in running their businesses, including the needs of members’ customers and clients the needs of regulators and authorities
- Proven ability to provide concise analysis and recommended options on policy-related matters.
- Experience of project management in a financial services or professional services firm is desirable.
- Experience in financial services or payments policy and strategy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills together with the ability to effectively engage with senior stakeholders.
If this is of interest please send me you’re latest CV and suitable time to speak.
Follow us on LinkedIn for new job listings, industry insights and career advice.