Payments | 02-2-2023
Payment Analyst, Issuing & Acceptance
Synapri are currently recruiting for a Payment Analyst, with issuing and acceptance experience.
This role will help identify and progress policy and strategic issues of common interest to the companies members, through the provision of business analysis and secretariat support.
This role will have a particular focus on the relationship between payment instrument issuers and their customers, and payment acceptance providers and merchants. The role will provide support on regulatory change requirements, payment projects and research on innovation including in card payments, contactless, open banking and other emerging payment forms (e.g. Buy-Now-Pay-Later).
Duties & responsibilities
- Work within a flexible team structure to support the engagement on items of policy relating to the development of payment systems and services through co-ordination with industry, regulators, and other stakeholders.
- Support the team and its members in understanding operational procedures and practices and their impact on payment providers.
- Support several committees, including the Payment Acceptance Policy Committee, the Payment Issuing Policy Committee, and the Payment Product Working Group, including convening workshops and other ad-hoc meetings, to enable member engagement in the development of UK policy. The applicant will be responsible for the creation of relevant agendas and minutes for said meetings and other administrative matters.
- Maintain and support operational elements of card payments e.g. charity interchange wavier applications; chargeback and s.75 claims management in the event of airline/ travel insolvency failures; biannual update of Standard 70 to subscribers.
Skills & Competencies
- High level of written accuracy / literacy
- Familiarity and understanding of payment operations would be advantageous
- Completer-finisher: delivery focus and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- Experience of stakeholder management
Please send me your up to date CV and we can schedule a call for a discreet conversation.
Follow us on LinkedIn for new job listings, industry insights and career advice.