Payments | 22-3-2022
Lead Java Developer
- London Preferred base, however open to Europe locations – Remote Working
- £80,000 - £100,000 per annum
My client is a one-stop payment platform where businesses can accept money and make payouts to partners in the currencies of their choice by opening local IBAN accounts. The platform enables companies of all sizes to access simple and fuss-free ways of selling online worldwide using local payment methods.
About the role
The Lead Java Developer/Engineer will be a key member of a new team, creating a new bleeding edge fintech platform. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Full software development lifecycle - Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain software using industry best practice in accordance with our software development lifecycle, applying the appropriate software development and security standards and processes.
- Take the lead in specifically allocated delivery projects, working with other developers, product owners and operational staff to ensure effective delivery, planning and leading software engineering activities as needed
- Take business requirements and translate into software - functional and non-functional aspects
- Maintain existing products while working on new products
- Ensure that development activities align with the continuous delivery and automated QA activities
- Develop necessary artefacts - models, documentation, workflow diagrams
- Create and maintain CI / CD pipeline
- Schedule product releases with internal teams
- Assist with deployments
- Take responsibility for resolving issues arising within your applications and implement corrective action
- Be involved in leadership and technical direction
- Architecture, design, and development of applications
- Influence and contribute to the future growth of development across the department.
- Mentor junior developers in architecture and best coding practises
- Regular code reviews for team members
Main skills, experience required:
- 8+ Years of IT development experience
- 6+ Years of experience delivering production level code in Java 8 or higher
- Must have a clear understanding of microservices architecture
- RESTful APIs, and exposure to Microservices
- Spring Boot, Spring Security
- Relational Database experience (MYSQL / PostgreSQL), and SQL queries (JPA)
- Ability to effectively work across the stack
- Agile and DevOps focused with an appreciation on CI/CD (Bitbucket Pipelines or similar)
- Proficiency in collaborative development tools such as Github, Confluence and JIRA
- Open mind-set and adaptable attitude to cope with changing requirements from business needs.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent team working skills, ability to manage own and other people workload
- Ability to work calmly and methodically when under pressure
- Fluent in English
- Experience with Cloud Technologies - Google Cloud Platform (GCP) - and its associated services with API design and development.
- Experience with event driven architecture
- NOSQL database experience
- Kubernetes / Docker
- Database change management (Liquibase)
- Experience in Financial Services
- Competitive salary
- Working with a motivated and talented global team
- Impactful work – you’ll have the opportunity to help build products that are used daily by numerous merchants and business across the world
Follow us on LinkedIn for new job listings, industry insights and career advice.