Payments | 04-4-2022
Java Tech Lead
- London Preferred base, however open to Europe locations – Remote Working
- £90,000 - £100,000 per annum
My client is the latest disruptive Fintech company operating for 6 years having developed a highly successful payments platform with a client base across Europe. Thanks to their unprecedented growth they are now embarking on the next stage of their journey which is to build out a suite of e-money solutions, offering the next generation of online digital banking, multi-currency services and payments to our commercial clients.
About the role
The Tech Lead will be a key member of a new team, creating a new bleeding edge fintech platform. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Owning key technological and architectural decisions.
- Establish a technical vision with the team – assess, guide, facilitate technical discussions and arbitrate technical decisions.
- Opportunity to explore and build innovative solutions.
- Design and uphold technical delivery practices and be the technical voice of your team.
- Managing a team of developers and engineers, including conducting daily stand-ups, recruiting new team members and other related tasks.
- Own the development cycle within your team, from scoping through deployment and delivery.
- Working across multidisciplinary teams in various geographical locations.
- Managing Production environments and releases into environments.
- Understanding Operation model for a core banking platform.
- Operate in a manner compliant with all applicable regulations, ensure relevant processes are in line with laws and regulations across the EU and UK.
- Oversee the technology organization’s information security, disaster recovery, and business continuity efforts.
- Collaborate with product managers and the support team to build new features for our users to help them grow their businesses.
- Coordinate decisions with stakeholders, participate in product design and project planning sessions, working with colleagues from across the business to plan the timely and effective implementation of product enhancements that will fulfil our business strategy.
- Engage with vendors and vendor management.
Main skills, experience required:
- 10 Years+ industry experience.
- Solution architecture and design skills.
- Previous technical leadership skills and experience leading teams of more than 5 people.
- Experience with micro-service and API architectures, security, user/service interaction models and performance.
- Recent working experience with the architecture, design, engineering and security of containerization technologies (e.g., Docker, Helm Charts, Kubernetes).
- Key security concepts such as cryptography, authentication, authorization standards, and security protocols (e.g., SSL/TLS, SAML, OAuth, JWT, Strong understanding of Digital Signatures and HSM).
- Influenced and embedded engineering practices and cultures.
- Experience of working with high throughput / low latency systems
- Previous experience in Fintech environment.
- Google Cloud
- Cloud SQL (Postgres)
- Kubernetes / GKE
- Security and HSM
- Cloud Functions
- Cloud Run
- Networking / VPC / Subnets
- Java 11 / Spring
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary Bonus
- Working with a motivated and talented global team
- Flexible working hours – as long as you get the work done
- Impactful work – you’ll have the opportunity to help build products that are used daily by numerous merchants and business across the world
Follow us on LinkedIn for new job listings, industry insights and career advice.