Data | 24-4-2023
Senior QA Tester is required for a technically leading life sciences institute based in Cambridge UK. This is a permanent position for someone with strong experience working with ETL or data testing with python knowledge and professional experience working with Big Data.
In this role you will be developing test scripts, extracting data, loading data into target tables and working closely with data engineering functions ensuring a sustainable test approach. The development and maintaining of the automation scripts for the web applications using REST API’S, ETL processed and other integration components meeting the needs of the projects you will be working with is a very important part of the role as well.
You will be working alongside the members in the scrum team to ensure all the testing is being carried out accordingly. You will have to prepare reusable functions to improve the scripts in general. Working closely with the automated regression testing tools so the tests can run overnight each day for the products.
The aim of this role is to achieve 100% regression and end to end test automation coverage whilst attaining the balance between automated and manual testing to ensure sufficient coverage that provides high levels of confidence in the robustness of the product.
• Experience in testing data validation scenarios and data ingestion, pipelines, and transformation processes (e.g.,ETL, data testing)
• Demonstrated experience of working with automated testing tools (Python)
• An understanding of Big data engineering tools (Spark, Hive, Hadoop, Dask)
• Demonstrated experience of automating tests across multiple platforms and technologies and understand its application throughout the full development lifecycle
• Knowledge of test case management packages
• Familiarity with multiple back-end and front-end languages and libraries, databases, database design, web servers, web services, REST APIs, and UI/UX design
• Knowledge and experience with modern testing development practices and integrated testing products such as selenium, mocha and their integration with tools such as Gitlab, etc.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in the please click apply below or send over your CV to [email protected].
I look forward to hearing from you.
Follow us on LinkedIn for new job listings, industry insights and career advice.